Safeguarding/Concerned For Someone’s Safety?


If you want to see the NHS North Durham CCG Safeguarding Declaration, use the link included.

Are you concerned about a vulnerable adult and would like to know what to do there is information on the Durham County Council website?

You can also find information about Child protection and keeping Children Safe through pages on the Durham County Council website too.


Are you concerned for someone’s safety?

If you see, hear or know something that concerns you and you suspect that a child or an adult is being harmed or abused, you can help them by contacting First Contact Service for children or Social Care Direct with regard to adults on the same telephone number of 03000 26 79 79..

Alternatively you can visit Durham County Council’s website for more information.


Both the adult safeguarding team and the children’s safeguarding team can be contacted via 0191 389 8607 or by e-mail via