The Better Health programme is about how your local hospital and community services can provide the best care in the future.This is a piece of work taking place in Darlington, Durham And Tees to improve health services across the whole area for or patients.
What does your local health service do well? Where do you think it can improve?
Our health needs are changing. Thanks to better care, we are surviving illnesses and living with conditions for much longer.
Doctors, nurses and other health staff are directly involved in looking at how we provide care across Darlington, Durham and Tees.
- How we can save more lives, making sure the best care is available for people in life threatening situations – like serious accidents, stroke and heart attacks
- How we can offer more care close to home for people with long term conditions – such as diabetes, heart failure, or respiratory disease.
We want your views too.
During July 2016 the Better Health Programme will be running a series of listening events. There are two events taking place in our area which will give you the opportunity to have your say:
- Wednesday 06 July – The Demi, Consett – 1-3pm
- Monday 18 July – Alington House, Durham – 6-8pm
Better Health Programme Joint Committee
North Durham CCG is a partner in work being done on the Better Health Programme (BHP). The BHP health leaders across Durham, Darlington and Tees have collectively committed to change the way certain elements of health care are provided to the local population in order to deliver the highest quality of care possible within the resources available. The work of the BHP is designed to deliver key clinical standards consistently across the patch so that all people receive the highest possible care and the best outcomes with more care provided in the community.
A Better Health Programme Joint Committee has been established the membership of which is made up of senior representation from:
- NHS North Durham CCG,
- NHS Darlington CCG,
- NHS Durham Dales, Easington and Sedgefield CCG,
- NHS Hartlepool and Stockton CCG,
- NHS South Tees CCG.
The first meeting of this BHP Joint Committee will be held 5.00 – 6.00 pm on Thursday 23 June 2016 at Hardwick Hall Hotel, Sedgefield, TS21 2EH. The meeting will be held in public. If you wish to attend please contact the BHP team on 01642 745 401. The agenda and papers are attached below: