We believe that patients and public are key to the decision making process. Because of this, we want to encourage local people to get involved and give their views on health services in their area.
There are a variety of ways in which you can influence the way we plan, develop and deliver our services across North Durham.
All GP practices have their own practice participation group. If you would like to join, then please contact the practice manager at your local surgery for more information.
North Durham My NHS
If you’re interested in your local NHS and would like to get involved in the work we do to develop and improve local health services, then click here to join NHS North Durham CCG’s public membership scheme.
The membership scheme is a way for people of North Durham to stay up to date with what is happening in their area regarding local health service decision making through the contracting, re-directing and decommissioning of health provision. The starting point for most members of the North Durham public and local voluntary organisations is to join the free membership scheme which has three types of membership.
Please see below the three types of membership you can opt for:
- Type 1– Members receive regular information about health services, issues and decisions in their geographical area through an electronic bulletin. Members will receive information about health and social care needs and aspirations that have been identified and issues that have been presented and solutions to these issues.
- Type 2– Members will receive regular information about health services, issues and decisions in their geographical area through an electronic bulletin but have the additional opportunity to shape and influence what services are needed and brought into their area for the public, patients and carers by attending focus groups, meetings etc. These members will be engaged and consulted in relation to public decisions on priorities and strategies.
- Type 3 – Members will be an advocate for type 1 and 2 members, feeding their views to the Public, Patient and Carer Engagement (PPCE) Subcommittee and ensuring that the voices of all communities of North Durham are represented to the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). They also hold NDCCG to account ensuring the CCG deliver on their legal and statutory duties with regards to engagement.
Please see our latest members newsletters below to give you an idea of what we do!
Other ways to get involved
We also post information, updates and opportunities to get involved on our Facebook page and Twitter profile. To keep updated with the latest information about the CCG coming directly to you, through the following ways:
- Facebook – simply like our Facebook page to see the latest news, event and opportunities to get involved or
- Twitter – you can follow our profile @NHSNorthDurhamCCG as an alternative way to keep up to date.