The report, from the previous round of STP engagement is available. It sets out the key issues raised by those individuals and organisations that took part, and highlights eight key topics including:
- Vision – people were supportive of the vision and many suggested it should be even more ambitious, having local communities with better health outcomes than the rest of the country
- Tackling health inequalities – people said this was an important area to improve but stressed that it could not be done quickly
- Workforce – concerns were raised about having enough staff with the right skills in the right place at the right time to improve the health of local people
- Access to services – many people in rural parts of Northumberland and North Durham said they were worried about accessing the help they needed if current services change as a result of the draft plan.
- Finance – concerns were raised about the ability to make improvements within current resources.
This feedback will inform the next version of the STP.
In addition to the engagement report, the STP web pages also include the following additional documents available for download.
- Slide presentation on the outcome of this engagement
- Press release that was circulated to the media on 2nd August 2017