County Durham Local Offer
The “Local Offer” provides a wide range of information for families of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) available via the following link http://www.countydurhamfamilies.info
This information provides details of all services, including health provision, that may help you or your child as they progress from birth to 25 years old, during their time in education.
What information is included in the Local Offer ? It includes:
- sources of support, advice and information
- education, health and care provision
- arrangements for identifying and assessing children and young people with SEN
- how services can be accessed (including eligibility criteria) and how decisions are made
- arrangements for supporting children and young people move between school phases
- services to support young people in preparing for adulthood and independence
- leisure activities
- arrangements for disagreement resolution, complaints, mediation and appealing to the SEN Tribunal
- information on the review and development of the Local Offer itself.
How to use the Local Offer
To find what you need, you can select a topic or age category. You can also search by keyword(s) and/or postcode/location. You can narrow (filter) results, show results on a map, or even add results to a shortlist to tailor them to your child and family’s needs. Further details about your search can be found in the more information area. Local Offer help videos are also available in English, العربية, 普通話, Polski
Joint Local Area SEND inspection
County Durham benefited from a Joint Local Area SEND Inspection which considered how well the 2014 SEND reforms have been implemented across the Local Area since their coming into practice. The inspection team focussed on how Durham assesses and meets the needs of children and young people who have special educational needs and/or disabilities and reported on strengths and areas for development.
The inspection was led by one of Her Majesty’s Inspectors from Ofsted, with a team of inspectors including an Ofsted Inspector and a Children’s Services Inspector from the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and took place between 27 November 2017 and 1 December 2017.
Here is the SEND Written Statement of Action
Progress on the WSOA and a new “You Said , We Did” section will be available on Local Offer pages.
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Visit the ‘For families‘ section which has additional information and services. If you still can’t find what you are looking for let us know. We’d love to hear from you.